Caux Scholars Program 2014 – Switzerland
Deadline: February 28, 2014
Applications are invited for the 2014 Caux Scholars Program taking place at the Initiatives of Change conference center in Caux, Switzerland from July 20 – August 14, 2014. The Caux Scholars Program teaches students to analyze a conflict, to understand the factors that create and sustain conflicts, and provide practical understanding of approaches to resolving conflicts – conflict prevention, negotiation and transitional justice.
Twenty students from around the world are selected for this four-week course held in Caux, Switzerland, during the Initiatives of Change global summer conferences. The program includes approximately 40 hours of academic classes, seven hours per week of “Service for Leadership” practical work, a field trip to Geneva and participation in the Caux conferences.
US $3400 (covers tuition, meals, lodging)
- Completed at least 3 years of a 4-year under graduate degree (many scholars are graduate students and some have began their professional careers).
- High academic achievements (transcripts and two letter or references required).
- The program is open to all majors, but academic experiences, skills and competencies that are directly relevant to Peace and Conflict Resolution will be considered heavily in the selection process.
- Public or community service experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Interest in the ethical dimensions of world affairs
- Openness to a multi-cultural learning experience
- Foreign language is a plus
For more information, click here.