Deadline: February 21, 2014
The United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI), in collaboration with ELS Educational Services, Inc., (ELS) invites students worldwide to participate in the 2014 essay contest on the theme “Many Languages, One World.” June 25-29, 2014. Winners participate in a 5 day International Youth Forum in New York and present their work at the United Nations Headquarters on June 27th. Airfare, room and board provided
The essay should relate to ideas of global citizenship and understanding and to the role that multilingual ability can play in fostering these. The essay should reflect your academic, cultural, and national context.
- Full-time college or university students, sponsored by a Faculty Member or University Representative, and must be 18 years of age or older, can participate in the contest.
- Write an essay (2000 words or less) discussing the ideas of global citizenship and understanding and the role that multilingual ability can play in fostering these.
- Your essay should reflect your academic, cultural and national context.
- Entries must be in an official language of the United Nations that is not the entrant’s first language or primary language of instruction in his or her primary or secondary education.
How to Enter
- Write your essay, according to the eligibility rules and guidelines.
- Show your essay to a Faculty Member or University Administrator who can attest to the fact that you have followed the contest rules. Have that Faculty Member or University Administrator complete the Reference Form in support of your participation in the contest.
- Once the Reference Form has been received and verified by Many Languages, One World, you will receive further information, and a link where you can complete your application and upload your essay to the contest website.
- Complete your application form. Be sure to include your national identity card number or passport number showing your name as it appears on your passport or official documents. Do not submit your photo.
- Upload your essay to the contest website.
- All 10 winners will be given certificates of participation signifying they have won the Student Essay Contest.
- Winners will receive a letter of invitation to the Many Languages, One World Global Youth Forum from ELS Educational Services, Inc. At that time winners will also receive complete rules of participation for the Global Youth Forum.
ELS will pay for winners’ round air transportation to New York, and be responsible for the their travel, room and meals from their arrival on June 25th until their departure on June 29th, 2014.
For more information, click here.