Deadline: February 15, 2014
THE 2014 Global Fellowship Application is now open. IDEX is a six-month fellowship for individuals seeking to gain emerging market experience while working to support enterprises that deliver social change to local and global communities. IDEX will award more than $100k to college graduates seeking to launch a career in social enterprise.
During the six-month fellowship cycle, IDEX fellows work full-time with a social enterprise partner (in India), in addition to participating in leadership development gatherings and networking opportunities. After the Fellowship program, IDEX Fellows continue to pursue social impact careers, with 90% of alumni currently working with socially progressive enterprises such as Gray Matters Capital, Calvert Foundation, Commonwealth Ventures, Bridge International Academies, Ashoka, Omidyar Network, and Unltd India.
Scholarships & Application Process
This year, with generous support from Gray Matters Capital Foundation, IDEX will offer more than $100,000 in scholarship funding to select IDEX fellows. From thousands of global applicants each year, only about 10% are accepted into the Fellowship program.
Tuition for the six-month Fellowship Program is $3,500 USD for applicants from developed economies and $2,000 USD for fellows from developing economies. Tuition is payable prior to program orientation.
Tuition covers all educational expenses of the program, including:
- All educational modules including leadership programs, development plans, academic mentoring, and professional development.
- Pre-departure Virtual Training
- Lodging for the fellow training and orientation, in addition to all meals and and transportation from field training location to the fellow’s permanent placement city.
- Monthly capacity building sessions
- IDEX 20/30 Curriculum (includes print and mobile app version) and supporting materials
- IDEX Field Support Staff
- Post-fellowship support and Alumni network opportunities
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications to be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship:
- Bachelor or Masters/Graduate Degree (BS/BA/BBA must be obtained prior to start of program);
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment;
- English fluency (written and spoken);
- Ability to legally work in India for six months (IDEX will provide more information on the business visa application process).
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional work experience;
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
Applicants should have:
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities;
- Demonstrated passion for social enterprise and improving quality of life for low-income communities;
- Ability to work in new and challenging environments with limited resources;
- Willingness to work with low-income populations in developing economies and demonstrated practical skills in relationship building, cultural sensitivity and thrive in a start-up environment;
- High interest in working in emerging markets;
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues;
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments;
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying; creative solutions to deepen impact;
- Committed to make an equity investment of time, energy and capital in their personal growth and professional development.
For more information, click here.