Deadline: February 28, 2014
Applications are now invited for the 2014 SANAD Fund. SANAD is the Development and Post-Production Fund of the Abu Dhabi Film Festival (ADFF). SANAD provides talented filmmakers from the Arab world with meaningful support from within the region towards the development or completion of their narrative and documentary feature-length films.
SANAD seeks out bold and remarkable projects from both new and established filmmakers with the aim of encouraging intercultural dialogue and artistic innovation while building stronger networks within the region’s film industry. SANAD also offers year-round support and publicity for selected projects to help connect filmmakers to potential partners, funding opportunities and audiences.
SANAD has 500,000 USD at its disposal annually and makes grants in the following categories:
Development: Up to 20,000 USD per project
Post-production: Up to 60,000 USD per project
SANAD reserves the right to determine the amount of the grant awarded to each recipient.
- The director and/or producer must be a national of one of the eligible countries listed below.
- A production company from at least one of the eligible countries must also be attached to the Project.
- The Fund, acting in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to consider Entrants or Projects from outside the list of eligible countries where a Project’s content is significantly related to or concerns Arab culture and/or heritage.
- The eligible countries are: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros Islands, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE and Yemen.
- Only feature-length narrative and documentary Projects are eligible. Shorts and student films will not be considered.
- The minimum running time of Projects is 61 minutes for narratives and 52 minutes for documentaries.
For more information, click here.