Deadline: March 7, 2014
The U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP) welcome applications for the Sudanese & South Sudanese Youth Leaders program 2014. The program brings Sudanese and South Sudanese youth leaders to Washington D.C. to be in residence at USIP for approximately four months. USIP intends for this program to provide youth leaders with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to grow as leaders and contribute to their communities.
During their time at USIP, youth leaders focus primarily on a self-led research project relevant to conflict prevention, conflict management, peacebuilding and/or democratization in Sudan and/or South Sudan. This will also be an opportunity for U.S. audiences to hear fresh perspectives on Sudanese and South Sudanese affairs and for Sudanese and South Sudanese youth leaders to gain more exposure to the U.S. and its institutions. For each iteration of this program, USIP will select one youth leader.
THIS ROUND OF THE PROGRAM IS OPEN ONLY TO SUDANESE CANDIDATES
By the end of their time at USIP, youth leaders will be expected to:
- Gain at least two certificates demonstrating successful completion of USIP Academy courses,
- Produce at least one publishable product on a research topic of their choice, and
- Develop a Leadership Action Plan for leveraging their new knowledge, skills, and confidence as leaders in Sudan or South Sudan.
Please review all eligibility requirements before you apply. In order to be eligible to participate in the program, candidates must:
- Be of Sudanese nationality and living in Sudan at the time of application
- Be 35 years of age or younger at the time of application
- Be fluent in English
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have demonstrated leadership skills
- Possess a willingness to participate and learn within and beyond the walls of USIP
For more information, click here.