Deadline: June 27, 2014
The PLURAL+ 2014 Call for Entries is open! The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) again invite the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on PLURAL+ themes: migration, diversity and social inclusion.
Recognizing youth as powerful agents of social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions, PLURAL+ invites youth to address key challenges related to migrant integration, inclusiveness, identity, diversity, human rights and social cohesiveness, both at local and global levels. Young people up to 25 years old are invited to submit short videos of five minutes maximum in length.
The PLURAL+ International Jury will choose three videos (one for each age group) and award them with the PLURAL+ International Jury Award.
- These awardees will receive $ 1,000 USD each as well as an invitation (travel and accommodations expenses paid) to attend the PLURAL+ Awards Ceremony held at the Paley Center for Media on December 5, 2013 in New York City!
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be youth between the ages of 9-25.
- The Entrant is the one person responsible for submitting the video.
- People appearing in the video do not have to be youth. However the videos must reflect the youth’s opinions or reflections about migration, diversity and social inclusion.
- Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are between the ages of 9-25.
- Other people involved in the making of the video (e.g. educators, teachers, instructors, etc.) might be over 25 as long as their creative role is minimal (group coordination, technical support, renting equipment, etc.)
- If multiple youth work together on one video then the video will be judged in the age category of the eldest youth.
- Immediate family members (siblings, children and grandchildren) of jurors for the PLURAL+ Video Festival are not eligible to enter the Video Festival.
- Preferably all videos should be submitted on DVDs, or through a file hosting website of choice (MediaFire, YouSendit, WeTransfer, etc.)
- Videos that are not in English must have English subtitles.
- All videos must be 5 minutes maximum of running time, including title and end credits.
For more information, click here.