Apply now for the Digital Participation Camp & Summit 2014 – Internship Program
Deadline: March 31, 2014
Are you are from Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen, Morocco or Jordan and really passionate about multi media and IT? Then apply now for the Digital Participation Camp & Summit 2014 internship program #DPC14! With support of the German Ministry for Foreign Affairs The Global Experience offers 3 internship positions this summer with special focus on the mentioned countries above.
The Global Experience is a non-profit organization and international youth media network dedicated to increase the intercultural dialogue. The Global Experience acts globally by giving people a platform for intercultural exchange and locally by initiating and supporting educational multi media projects, youth exchange programs and media camps all over the world.
ACTIVITIES & CONTENT OF THE PROGRAM:
During the internship program participants will join the daily work at organizations office as well as media lab at . Furthermore the program includes the visit of partner organizations and schools for intercultural workshops and presentations. Main activities include:
- Working in the project management and administration of the Digital Participation Camp (DPC) & Summit (DPS): staying in touch with network partners, preparing the program for the conference, developing and actively prepare campaigns and projects of the DPC (a.o.)
- Developing and running own media projects with a specific focus according to your own expertise and interests in line with the Digital Participation Camp & Summit
- Working as an educational tutor for intercultural education in schools in Münster and the region: presenting to German students about social & developmental topics in your country
- The Global Experience will cover all program related costs, including flight & travel costs to and in Germany, insurance as well as accommodation costs.
- The Global Experience will arrange for you a self-catered accommodation in a host family or student house. To cover further costs related to your stay and to cater yourself you will receive an allowance of €300 per month.
- You come from either Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan, Libya or Yemen;
- You are 18 years of age or older;
- You are experienced or highly interested in at least one of the 5 practical fields of the DPC network: Design – IT– Social Entrepreneurship – Social Media Marketing – Media Production;
- You are engaged with a social initiative or NGO in your country;
- You have practical experience and/or a strong interest in social, political or environmental topics;
- You are experienced and/or highly interested in working with young people
- You have a good command of the English language.
For more information, click here.