Apply now for the 2014 Social Innovation Tournament in Madrid, Spain
Deadline: April 28, 2014
European Investment Bank (EIB) is happy to invite passionate and interested applicant to apply for the 2014 Social Innovation Tournament.
The Social Innovation Tournament established by the EIB Institute in 2012 is the flagship initiative of its Social Programme. The Tournament seeks to promote the generation of innovative ideas and identify/reward opportunities promising substantial societal benefits or demonstrating best practices with tangible, scalable outcomes. It targets the creation of social value in relation to the fight against social exclusion. It thus, covers projects in a wide range of fields, from education and health care to natural or urban environment, through new technologies, new systems, and new processes.
Improvements in these fields are critical to business success, and social innovation could have a substantial social impact. With the introduction of a Special Category Prize in 2013, additional emphasis will be given to a specific field each year. In 2014, the Special Category Prize will be awarded to projects in urban and natural environment.
- All projects will compete for the General Category 1st and 2nd Prize of EUR 25,000 and EUR 10,000 respectively.
- Projects falling under the Special Category (this year urban and natural environment) will also compete for the Special Category Prize of EUR 25,000.
- The Tournament is open for non-for-profit and for-profit organisations, in particularly for young entrepreneurs and social enterprises, NGOs, corporate responsibility departments of private sector companies of any size, government or local government entities and university communities.
- Entries from high school teams will also be welcome.
- 27 Member States of the EU.
- Candidate/Potential candidate countries of the EU.
- EFTA countries that submit proposals to be implemented in one or more such countries.
- Applications need to be submitted only electronically.
- Proposals can be submitted by individuals or teams.
- Projects can be submitted in French or English. Presentations at the Final Event will be in English.
- After the two rounds of the tournament, finalists will present their projects at the final event which will take place in Madrid, Spain on 23 October 2014.
For more information, click here.