Apply for the 2014 Snowden Photography Competition on Mining
Deadline: July 31, 2014
The Snowden photo competition provides a unique opportunity to capture the diversity and beauty that is part of the fabulous industry. Mining can often have a bad reputation in society and the organizers would like to showcase the many great things that this industry has to offer. Some examples could be the first gold pour at a new mine, a new school that has been built for a mining community or a miner’s joy at a job well done.
This year Snowden is once again “Celebrating the Mining Industry” with their annual photography competition. Entries open 1 January 2014 – don’t miss the chance to be part of the exhibition which will travel to conferences and events internationally. Once again the organizers have world renowned landscape photographer, Richard Woldendorp, lead the judging panel, together with key industry representatives, Snowden’s CEO and specialists.
- Entry is free and is open to entrants from all countries;
- The Entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry;
- The Entrant must not be a professional photographer. In this clause, a ‘professional photographer’ is a photographer who derives more than 50% of his or her income from photography.
- More about the eligibility criteria as well as other FAQ find HERE. Read the rules and regulations HERE.
- Overall Winner: $10,000;
- People in Mining Winner: $1,000;
- Black and White Winner: $1,000;
- Landscapes of Mining Winner: $1,000;
- Equipment and Machinery in Mining Winner: $1,000;
- This year the organizers have added a new category, Reasons to Celebrate the Mining Industry. The winner of this category will receive $1 000.
- To enter the competition electronically the entrant must complete the entry form, including the date and location of the photograph, and upload the photograph in jpeg (with a minimum of 3Mb), or *tiff format at 300dpi at an A4 size (30cm x 21cm).
- To enter the competition by post:
- The entrant must complete and entry form and send it with the photograph to PO Box 77, West Perth, 6872, Western Australia (the size of the photograph must be at least A5 (15cm x 21cm) and no larger than A4 (30cm x 31cm); and the entrant must place an adhesive label on the back of the photograph with their name, contact details and the title, date and location of the photograph.
Judging and selection criteria:
- A judging panel shall be established by the Promoter, with the judges selected in the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
- The identity of the judges need not be disclosed by the Promoter and the decisions of the judging panel may remain anonymous.
- The competition consists of three rounds of evaluation. The top candidates from round one will proceed to round two and the top candidates from round two will proceed to round three.
For more information, click here.