MIKSER FESTIVAL 2014 CALLS FOR INTERNATIONAL DESIGN COMPETITION – GHOST PROJECT 2014
Deadline: April 30, 2014
The Ghost Project’ calls for new concepts, initiatives and solutions that use design tools to strengthen community. It encourages projects whose innovative features are driven by social demands rather than the market. The competition embraces creative re-combination of existing assets: human capital, cultural heritage, local craftsmanship and accessible innovative technology aiming at establishing communication, sustainability and sense of common well-being within a contemporary civic society.
Ghost Project is an international platform for talented individuals in the area of product design. Starting as a small local exhibition of unexecuted projects in 2006, Ghost Project has grown to one of the largest regional reviews of design talents from around the world, enhancing the exchange between designers from different cultural backgrounds and giving unique insight into upcoming design resources.
The winners of the competition will become participants of the Mikser Festival 2014, Southeast Europe’s largest regional festival of creativity and innovation taking place in Belgrade’s creative quarter of Savamala, from 3-8 June, 2014. The award includes:
- Participation in the central talent exhibition Ghost Project 2014: Social Innovation;
- Public presentation of the winner’s work at the international Design Marathon;
- Active participation in one of the festival Creative Workshops run by mentors who are renown international professionals coming from various fields of creative disciplines;
- International Jury made of respectful professionals, guests of the Mikser Festival, will award the best projects with special recognitions in several product categories which will be announced at the Mikser Awards Ceremony, on the last day of the festival.
- The Ghost Project competition is open to all persons with up to 35 years of age or younger from all over the globe.
- Each applicant can submit more than one entry.
- You can apply individually or within a group of authors.
- innovative ve features that enhance the quality of contemporary life;
- rational production costs;
- use of materials available locally;
- environmentally friendly production process;
- significant social impact.
For more information, please click here.