Deadline: May 1, 2014
Interested applicants who are African nationals or resident in an African country are invited to apply for the Ferguson Scholarship.
Thanks to the generosity of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust, four Ferguson scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit
Students offered a Ferguson Scholarship must take it up in the academic year 2014/15 and it cannot be carried forward to a later year.
- Full-time MA African Studies
- Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy
- Full-time MA Social Anthropology of Development
- Each Ferguson Scholarship is valued at £20,619
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- Have a confirmed, unconditional offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
NB: Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
For more information, click here.