Job Opening for the Senior Programme Support Officer at ILO, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Deadline: April 18, 2014
- Title: Senior Programme Support Officer (P.4)
- Duration of contract: One year (with possibility of renewal)
International Labour Organization (ILO) is seeking to recruit a candidate for the post of Senior Programme Support Officer at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The programming section provides support to the design, implementation planning, monitoring and reporting of ILO interventions in support of the national tripartite constituents in the country. In so doing, it adopts results-based management approach, in the framework of the Bangladesh Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP), and in alignment with the biennial Programme and Budget of the Organization.
The position will report directly to the Country Office Director and will receive technical guidance, support and collaboration from relevant Decent Work Technical Support Teams (DWTs), technical departments, and management and support units of the ILO, such as the Regional Programming Unit (RPU), Partnerships and Field Support Department (PARDEV) and the Strategic Programming and Management Department (PROGRAM).
- Project management:
- Ensure effective support for the design, implementation planning, implementation and monitoring of all the on-going and any new TC projects, in conformity with the ILO policies and project strategies, and in accordance with ILO programming guidelines and framework, and administrative and financial procedures, in collaboration with technical/ programmatic backstopping officers and relevant units.
- Provide support to the effective management of TC and other operational funds/budget.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership:
- Foster contacts and strengthen relationships with ILO counterparts as requiredrequested, in particular with other international organizations, the UN system and donors. He/she will promote opportunities for collaboration towards the planning and implementation of activities.
- Contribute to external communication initiatives on CO-Dhaka operations, including the TC portfolio, to increase the ILO’s visibility and facilitate the scaling-up of ILO interventions in the country.
- Mobilization of resources:
- Promote and actively participate in resource mobilization activities, including the development of proposals, and maintain links with multilateral and bilateral donor community in the country, in collaboration with the other staff members responsible for these activities and in coordination with PARDEV and the Regional Office
- Reporting and Knowledge management:
- Coordinate and support the preparation of periodic and ad hoc reports on the status of different projects,
- including the progress reports required by donors.
- Organize meetings and seminars, including for sharing good practices with the staff assigned to the TC portfolio, as well as foster and establish coordination with concerned ILO departments and programmes.
- Any other duties requested by the responsible chief.
- Advanced university degree in public or business administration, development economics or related fields.
- Seven years of experience in programming and management of technical/development cooperation activities and the associated operations, of which at least three years at the international level, and including field experience in a coordinating function in project implementation.
- Proven management experience, preferably with the ILO or an UN agency, with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of project cycle.
- Proven experience in managing and operating budget and financial systems, preferably with the ILO or an UN agency.
- Proven experience in partnership building and networking and in effective fundraising, resource mobilization
- and donor relations.
- Excellent command of English. Another official language would be an advantage
For more information, click here.