Apply Now for a Paid Fellowship in Africa 2014
Deadline: May 17, 2014
Passionate and interested young people around the World are invited to apply for a paid fellowship in Africa.
Landmark Development Initiative (LDI) Africa is seeking young business and development leaders, preferably mid-level professionals for its Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program (EIFP) across Africa. The EIFP provides pro bono consulting opportunities in Africa’s leading investment funds and social enterprises. Fellows participate in a six to 12-month fellowship where they work to position African emerging businesses towards the path of long-term sustainability and scale. The EIFP also provides driven Fellows employment and seed funding opportunities in Africa at the successful completion of the fellowship.
Participating Organizations Include: Convergence Partners, Rocket Internet, KickStart, Opes Impact Fund, One Acre Fund, Shared Value Africa, Invested Development, Eleos Fund, Kyklou Group, Edify, Willow Impact Advisors, SME Funds, Jacana Partners and more.
LDI Africa through its EIFP recruits organizations that are doing excellent work particularly in the financial and investment industries across Africa. Partners range from mid-level to large global institutions; with capital investment of $200,000 and above. While working with their organization, Fellows enjoy the following benefits and more;
- Experience the growth of Africa’s most innovative businesses
- Exposure to Emerging Markets
- Paid positions, housing and travel
- Training/professional development opportunities
- Consulting, employment and seed capital investment immediately after fellowship
- Entry into the global LDI Africa network
Fellows come to the EIFP with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills set. At a minimum, all fellows are required
- to have an undergraduate degree,
- to show commitment to excellence,
- to be 35 years or less
- to be fluent in English.
- Host organizations may also designate other specific skill requirements for their Fellows. Other requirements include:
- Two to ten years of professional experience
- MBA candidate or early to mid-level professional with interest in/familiarity with emerging markets
- Professional background in business, management consulting, strategy, finance, and social enterprise and international development.
- Interest in building a career in Africa after the fellowship
- Apply: Send an email with your resume, a cover letter and two (2) letters of recommendation to [email protected]
- Letters of Recommendation: LDI Africa requires two letters of recommendation from individuals who know you in a professional capacity and can write about your skills and experiences as well as your potential for success an LDI Africa Fellow.
- Review Process: Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Phone interviews will be conducted with semi-finalists. Host organizations will conduct Skype video interviews with selected finalists. Host organizations will make their final recommendations to LDI Africa and LDI Africa will notify the selected candidates.
For more information, click here.