Deadline: June 30, 2014
All writers (published and unpublished) are invited to the 2014 Farafina Trust Creative Writing Workshop.
Farafina Trust will be holding a creative writing workshop in Lagos, organized by award-winning writer and creative director of Farafina Trust, Chimamanda Adichie, from August 5 to August 15 2014.The workshop is sponsored by Nigerian Breweries Plc. Guest writers who will co-teach the workshop alongside Adichie are the Caine Prize Winning Kenyan writer Binyavanga Wainaina, Aslak Sira Myhre and others.
The workshop will take the form of a class. Participants will be assigned a wide range of reading exercises, as well as daily writing exercises. The aim of the workshop is to improve the craft of Nigerian writers and to encourage published and unpublished writers by bringing different perspectives to the art of storytelling. Participation is limited only to those who apply and are accepted.
- Selected applicants will be guided through in creative writing by the Award-winning writer Chimamanda Adichie and a host of others.
- Applicants will be engaged in a practical writing session
- Accomodation will be proveided for selected applicants throughout the duration of the workshop
- Open to all writers (published and unpublished).
- To apply, send an e-mail to [email protected]
- Your e-mail subject should read ‘Workshop Application.’
- The body of the e-mail should contain the following:
- Your Name
- Your address
- A few sentences about yourself
- A writing sample of between 200 and 800 words. The sample must be either fiction or non-fiction.
- All material must be pasted or written in the body of the e-mail. Please Do NOT include any attachments in your e-mail. Applications with attachments will be automatically disqualified.
- Only those accepted to the workshop will be notified by July 22 2014.
Note: A literary evening of readings, open to the public, will be held at the end of the workshop.
For more information, click here.