Deadline: April 30, 2014
Patagonia is now accepting grant applications for campaigns to preserve and protect the environment. The program seeks to fund work that is action-oriented, builds public involvement and support, is strategic, focuses on root causes, accomplishes specific goals and objectives, and demonstrates a commitment to long-term change. One priority area for Patagonia grants is protecting and restoring native fish populations and the habitat on which they depend.
Patagonia supports small, grassroots activist organizations with provocative direct-action agendas, working on multi-pronged campaigns to preserve and protect environment. Company help local groups working to protect local habitat, and think the individual battles to protect a specific stand of forest, stretch of river or indigenous wild species are the most effective in raising more complicated issues – particularly those of biodiversity and ecosystem protection – in the public mind. Patagonia looks for innovative groups that produce measurable results, and like to support efforts that force the government to abide by its own – their own – laws. Applicants efforts should be quantifiable, with specific goals, objectives and action plans, and should include measures for evaluating success.
- Get grant up to $12,000
- Environmental organizations from Chile, Argentina, UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Luxembourg, Italy, Ireland, Germany, France, Denmark, Belgium, Austria, Australia, US, Canada, Japan and Czech Republic are eligible to apply.
- Patagonia funds only environmental work that:
- is action-oriented;
- is strategic;
- focuses on root causes;
- accomplishes specific goals and objectives;
- builds public involvement and support;
- is sited in the Netherlands, Ireland, Germany, France, Denmark, Belgium, Austria, United States, Canada, Japan, Chile, Argentina, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Luxembourg, Italy, Australia or the Czech Republic
- The next deadline for applications is 30 April 2014. Patagonia will open a new application period on 1 May 2014. They accept one proposal per group, per fiscal year (May 1st – April 30th).
For more information, click here.