Deadline: May 22, 2014
Position: Head of Programmes
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: Fixed Term, Two years with possible renewal Full Time, 4 hours per week
VSO Nigeria is seeking a dynamic, experienced, and competent Head of Programmes to guide the overall Country Programme strategy and implementation of related activities within the country Programme.
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
- The position manages the development, implementation and successful delivery of VSO’s programmes within the agreed Country Strategy; manages programme teams and partnerships to maximise VSO’s impact in reducing poverty.
- This position also is responsible for fundraising to support the growth of the Nigeria programme.
- They will report to the Country Director and will be located in Abuja, Nigeria (with frequent travel to project locations).
- The post will have line management responsibility for at least 7 programme staff.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- As the successful candidate, you are a programming and fundraising expert with experience in leading on development programme design and management as well as resource mobilization.
- You will bring in significant grants income and manage these to fully achieve programme goals.
- You will have interacted at a country, regional or global capacity in supporting and enabling others to meet programme and funding goals and have demonstrated your resource mobilization leadership in proposal development and implementation.
- You also have experience in ensuing donor reporting requirements, including financial reports are met.
- If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
For more information, click here.