Deadline: May 9, 2014
Applications are now open for the next batch of the ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme! The theme of the programme is “Protecting ASEAN’s Heritage” and is taking place from 11 August – 15 September 2014 at Malaysia
- To promote awareness among youth of the importance of the ASEAN charter, the creation of an ASEAN identity and a better understanding of the value of interdependence of cultures across ASEAN
- To develop knowledge about the rich history of cultural sites across ASEAN
- To develop ASEAN youth heritage leaders who will replicate the cultural heritage conservation programmes with schools, universities and communities in their respective countries.To create a new synergy among educators, heritage experts, environmental specialists, govt. and other stakeholders in the promotion of ASEAN cultural heritage conservation.
1st Week at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Gaining knowledge & awareness of ASEAN history, culture and identity
- Orientation to leadership qualities, volunteerism, community engagement & multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Understanding heritage promotion, conservation and preservation in the context of ASEAN.
2nd – 4th Week at Heritage Sites (UNESCO World Heritage Site, Melaka and Capital City, Kuala Lumpur)
- The volunteers in groups of 25 will spend three weeks at Melaka and Kuala Lumpur engaging in community-driven conservation initiatives.
- They will be conducting training and awareness workshops for local youth and community in Heritage preservation.
- Volunteers will engage with the local schools and communities around sites to work collaboratively to ensure conservation and preservation efforts are sustainable and impactful.
Last Week at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- This is a week of sharing of knowledge and critically reflecting on their experiences gained at the various biodiversity sites.
- The volunteers will work on reports, consolidate the writing of their reflective journals, and develop plans for the replication of similar projects in their home countries.
- Be nationals of ASEAN countries
- Be aged 18-30
- Be fluent in the English language
- Have good leadership experiences
How to Apply
Applications for this programme can be sent in 3 modes. Please choose only ONE, so as to avoid duplication.
- By going to our online form at www.ayvpform.asiaengage.org and completing all the “required” fields,
- Or by filling up this Word Document and submitting it via email along with copies of relevant documents to: [email protected] – Download (DOCX, 148KB)
- Or by printing out the Word document above, filling it up manually, and posting it to the address below, with all the relevant documents:
For more information and apply, click here.