Full Scholarships for Graduate Programs at Koç University 2014
Deadline: May-June 16, 2014
Koç University invites qualified students with a Bachelor or Master’s degree from all backgrounds to apply for their PhD programs. PhD students will receive full scholarships. Master’s with Thesis students may also receive full or partial scholarships based on their qualifications.
Every PhD student at Koç University receives the following:
- Tuition waiver (worth 40,000 TL per year)
- Monthly stipend of $600 USD
- Health insurance
- Free accommodation with a private room in a shared graduate apartment
- Laptop and office space
Koç University strives to be one of the top research universities in the world, and are quickly making strides toward achieving this goal. To achieve this, KU is looking for the best and brightest students to contribute to academia, society and Koç University through research and academic success. In order to promote this high-level of academic and scientific achievement, Koç University supports research and specifically PhD students through scholarships and other financial support.
Some key facts about Koç University, located in Istanbul, Turkey:
- Leading institution of Higher Education in Istanbul and top three in Turkey
- Ranked in the world’s top universities by Times Higher Education, with the highest international outlook in Turkey
- More than 240 global partner universities
- 95% of KU Faculty have advanced degrees from top-tier US and European institutions
- Over 96% of the classes are taught in English
- Highest number of research awards received from the Turkish Academy of Sciences
- Lively campus life, with an abundance of social and cultural activities
- PhD, 2-Year Masters with Thesis and 1-Year Masters without Thesis programs available
- Scholarship program in place for qualifying graduate students
To see the list of graduate programs and more information, please visit http://graduate.ku.edu.tr/content/list-programs.
Koç University invites qualified students with a Bachelor or Master’s degree from all backgrounds to apply.
Application requirements may vary by program, but include:
- Online application form (available at http://gradapp.ku.edu.tr)
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- Recommendation Letters (3 for PhD)
- TOEFL (IBT 80) or IELTS (6.5) – required for those whose native language is not English
- GRE scores
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
Application deadlines vary by program, so please check the deadlines and more detailed program information at http://graduate.ku.edu.tr/content/list-programs. If you have any questions feel free to contact Koç at [email protected].
For more information, click here.