Job Opening as a Journalist at Debating Europe Online Platform
Deadline: May 7, 2014
Debating Europe are happy to call on all journalists with strong understanding of European and global security issues to apply for their job opening as part of an editorial team.
Debating Europe is an online platform for discussion designed to engage citizens and policymakers in an ongoing conversation on a range of vital issues shaping our future. They are currently looking for a new addition to their editorial team, to start as soon as possible. The position is based in their office in Brussels.
- Write articles on European and global security issues explaining complex topics to a general audience clearly and with humour;
- Conduct in-person or Skype interviews in English and occasionally in French;
- Lead the editorial process selecting relevant topics and contents, and managing the editorial schedule.
The candidates are required:
- Strong understanding of global security issues, particularly those affecting NATO and Europe (e.g. North Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe);
- Able to write in a fun and informal style;
- Able to write high-quality content on a regular basis;
- Able to work to tight schedules and respect deadlines;
- Native-level spoken and written English.
- Skills that are desirable, but not necessary:
Extra skills but not necessary:
- Familiar with WordPress CMS;
- Spoken and written French.
- Applicants who are interested should please send their CV and some examples of their work to [email protected] with “Journalist: Application” as the subject.
For more information, click here.