Deadline: May 29, 2014
Applications are invited for University of Bradford Global Development Scholarship 2014/15. The scholarship is available for students on full time master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Each scholarship is worth approximately £20,000. Applicants must meet the minimum entry requirements (both academic and English Language) to be considered for this scholarship.
These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc. There will be five Bestway Foundation Scholarships for students from Pakistan, there will be a further two scholarships available for students.
- Scholarships are provided in the all field (not MBA) offered by the University of Bradford.
- Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered
- £3,500 per annum living costs to be paid in three installments – October, January and April.
- Each scholarship is worth approximately £20,000.
- Students from the following list of countries below \ are invited to apply for these scholarships.However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel. Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of Lebanon Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritania Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Occupied Palestinian Territory Pakistan (students from Pakistan will be considered for one of our five Bestway Foundation Scholarships) Russia (North Caucasus), Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic Tanzania, United Republic of Timor-Leste, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Tips for a successful application from the scholarship panel:
- You must explain how the situation in your country has affected you personally. Don’t just describe the situation in your country.
- Please write as full and detailed a statement as possible. Remember that the Scholarship panel will only have your form to by which to judge your application so try to put as much relevant information in there as possible. We may request evidence from you at a later date if your application is short listed.
- Don’t focus on your academic qualifications unless it is relevant to your application.
Note: If you are successful you will be asked to submit an application to the university and provide proof of your qualifications and level of English Language, plus an academic reference. You will then need to secure a Visa to study here at Bradford. We will be able to guide you through this process.
- Complete the web form. If you have already received an offer to study with us please make sure you include your University of Bradford number on the form below.
For more information, click here.