Apply for the 2014 TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Thailand.
Deadline: September 15, 2014
Fellowships are available for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand. TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months.
Fellowships are awarded in the field of biotechnology (Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology and Biological Systems and Organisms). The scholarship is provided by TWAS-Biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Fellowship is providing a standard monthly allowance which covers;
- living costs,
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- Hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology and bioinformatics and related disciplines.
- Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in the fields indicated above.
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Thailand) and hold a research assignment there.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Eligible countries are:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Iran, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Malaysia, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Mexico, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from to BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachment via e-mail directly to TWAS and BIOTEC. The subject line must contain: TWAS-BIOTEC/PDoc/candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
- Applicants for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS and BIOTEC.
For more information, click here.