Deadline: May 11, 2014
Interested individuals are invited to submit their articles for the EU writing competition on the topic ‘What does an enlarged EU mean to you?’
In this year, 2014, the European Union celebrates an important anniversary which is an occasion to reflect on the achievements in European integration until now. It is ten years since the biggest round of enlargement of the European Union (EU) with the accession of ten new countries: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Malta, and Cyprus.
Today, the EU perspective is open to Serbia, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Iceland, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey. The European Commission is keen to learn more about what you think about what can today’s European Union of 28 Member States learn from its past to help improve its future; and what does an enlarged European Union mean to you. Share your views on one or both questions in an article (max 700 words) or in up to three blog features/articles (max 700 words altogether) and win some great prizes.
- The winner of each category will receive a color e-reader and two people will be awarded a trip to Brussels to take part in the award ceremony, visit EU institutions and a tour around the city.
- Travel, meals and accommodation costs will be covered.
- The competition is open to citizens of the 28 Member States of the EU (Portugal, Spain, France, Ireland, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Malta, and Cyprus) or the Balkans (Turkey, Serbia, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Kosovo, and Montenegro).
- The participants must be between 15 and 25 years old.
- The entries will be split in two categories: 15-18 and 19-25 years old.
- You can apply online here.
- You can submit your entry by email sending your entry as an attachment to [email protected]; or by post sending your entry to:
Media Consulta International Holding AG
Attn: Rachel Harding
For more information, click here.