Deadline: May 19, 2014
Türkiye Scholarships Undergraduate Programmes are full government funded programmes for successful international students from all over the world for postgraduate studies in Turkey.
Undergraduate scholarships are:
- Regional Undergraduate Scholarship Programmes
- Ibn-i Sina Medical Sciences Scholarship Programme
- Yunus Emre Turkish Language Scholarship Programme
- Islamic Theology Scholarship Programme
Candidates can apply to only one scholarship programme in accordance with their educational background and academic goals.
Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and programme among their preferences specified in the online application form.
Most programmes in Turkish universities are instructed in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programmes in English, French or German. The candidates who want to study in these languages need to have an internationally recognized certificate to prove their language proficiency. Also, most of these foreign language programmes may ask international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT etc. Candidates can check the language of instruction while selecting the programmes.
For a detailed list of departments, universities and frequently asked questions please visit: www.trscholarships.org
The Scholarship Covers
- Monthly stipend (app. 250 USD for undergraduate)
- Full tuition fee
- Free 1-year Turkish language course
- Free state-run dormitory accommodation
- Round-trip air ticket
- Health insurance
Eligibility for Undergraduate Programmes
To be eligible for Undergraduate programmes, applicants must;
- be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply),
- not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying,
- be have graduated or are likely to graduate from a secondary education institution,
- be under the age of 21 (no earlier than 01.01.1993),
- have at least specified (% 90 for medical sciences, % 70 for other undergraduate programs) cumulative grade point average, diploma grade, national exam or international exam score,
- be in good health
- Online application form (provided at the website)
- A copy of a secondary school diploma or document indicating that the candidate is secondary school senior student,
- A certified secondary school transcript (indicating courses taken and relevant grades of the candidate)
- A copy of a valid ID card (passport, national ID, birth certificate etc.)
- Passport photo
Candidates are supposed to;
- go to www.turkiyeburslari.org or www.trscholarships.org,
- click the online application form,
- create an account by entering an e-mail and password,
- read the application guide,
- log in to the system and fill out the application form,
- upload the required documents,
- and finally finish the application.
For more information, click here.