Hot Job – Project Director at World Learning in Egypt
Deadline: Not specified
World Learning is seeking a Project Director in Cairo, Egypt for an anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project to support development in Egypt through creating a cadre of change agents, future leaders and problem solvers around development challenges in Egypt with an understanding, experience and appreciation of development and democratic processes and values.
This will be achieved by providing participants with high quality undergraduate education, skills and knowledge to participate actively and responsibly in their society. This position is contingent on World Learning being awarded funding. The anticipated start date for this 8-year program has not been determined.
Title: Project Director, Egypt
Location: Cairo, Egypt,
Position #: 179519
- The Project Director will be responsible for the overall management of this scholarship program, ensuring achievement of results and objectives.
- S/he will serve as the primary liaison to USAID on all activity matters, and provide overall technical, management, and financial oversight.
- S/he will:
- provide leadership and direction for the program;
- ensure effective project management;
- set a clear strategic vision;
- oversee fiscal and procurement integrity;
- ensure high quality and timely submission of deliverables;
- and ensure harmonious coordination with USAID/Egypt, the Government of Egypt, other donors, and partner organizations/universities.
- The Project Director will supervise key staff and ensure compliance with USAID and USG rules and regulations.
- Provide leadership, a strategic vision, and oversight to the program;
- Manage staff charged with implementing the proposed project in Egypt;
- Work closely with the project team to assure appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems are maintained to increase quality and program appropriateness over time;
- Ensure effective programming as well as efficiency and accountability through policy compliance monitoring, and work flow and process analysis;
- Represent World Learning to key government counterparts, donors, and within high priority coordination for at the provincial level.
- To apply: Please visit our website www.worldlearning.org and click on the employment tab to submit your application.
- If you do not see the job you are interested in, please “search all.”
- transmit CV and cover letter (in English) with the post title “Program Director, Egypt Local Scholarships Program” on the subject line explaining why you are best qualified for this position.
- Please include three references with contact information on your CV.
- Only qualified applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Thank you.
- Advanced degree in international development, education, or related field;
- At least 10 years of experience managing international education or training programs, at least 5 of which in a senior leadership role. Experience with projects supporting scholarships or higher-education exchanges is preferred;
- Previous experience working in Egypt or the Middle East region is required;
- Fluency in English required.
- The ability to speak Arabic is preferred;
- Demonstrated exemplary diplomatic, management, and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to develop and maintain relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs preferred;
- Solid understanding of the Egyptian higher education system is preferred;
For more information, click here.