Deadline:May 23, 2014 (extended deadline)
Applications are invited from young people working in their communities for social change for the ViabilityNet International Program for Community Leaders. ViabilityNet is a program for those who have followed and lead, and who wish to make assisting others in achieving social change a part of their life-long learning
The Prague-based Via Foundation is launching ViabilityNet 2.0, a new international program for 2014-2016. It will offer local community leaders from Central, Eastern and South-eastern Europe space to reflect, connect and grow together, along with financial resources for projects that focus on building the power of their communities. The overall aim of the program is to promote engagement within communities through support of inspiring & inclusive leadership.
The working language will be English. Participants are expected to attend 4 international retreats (6 days long), a group study visit (3 days long) and reserve 5+ days for preparatory reading.
- Participant will take part in 4 international retreats (6 days long, including 2 days for travel)
- a group study visit (3 days long, including travel)
- will receive a financial grant of 115 000 CZK (approximately 4 200 EUR)
- cover 80% of the travel costs.
- Food and board during retreats and the study visit are covered by the Via Foundation
- The program requires co-financing in the form of a participation fee of 100 EUR, to be paid by each participant by 15th of August 2014. These contributions by all the participants will be used as extra funds for the Final event.
- Via Foundation is looking for 16 participants aged 25+, working in their local communities for an explicitly formulated social change with benefits for the community as a whole.
- The program is destined for participants from the following countries: Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Slovenia, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Macedonia, Ukraine, and Moldova.
- Participants must be above 25;
- Good level of English;
- Readiness to take part in all of ViabilityNet activities;
- Personal motivation to take part in the program;
- Type of community the applicant’s work with corresponds with the program criteria;
- Previous work with stakeholders within the community;
- Impact of activities outside the circle of immediate collaborators/supporters;
- Coherent vision for future work with the community;
- The applicant is among the leaders of a team of collaborators;
- Mutual experience with the affiliated organization;
- Coherence and achievability of the intended project and its correspondence with the goals of the program.
- To obtain the application form, you will be asked to provide basic personal details in order to facilitate communication should any changes in key dates or the Call arise.
- To access the application form, please visit the official webpage here, and to obtain the application form, please fill in your contact details. A download link will be sent automatically to your email address. Please refer to the Call for Applications regarding the application procedure and complementary documents.
- The application pack must be sent over email to [email protected].
For more information, click here.