State University of New York Alfred State International Student Scholarships 2015
Deadline: October 15, 2014
The State University of New York invites application from prospective international students for its 2015 International Students Scholarships. The university offers 3 scholarship to successful international students.
Two scholarships are automatically awarded to international students who qualify. An application is not necessary for these scholarships. These scholarships are only available to students beginning their studies in August.
- International Excellence Scholarship
- Awards up to $7,000 to international students who meet two of the following four criteria: 213 TOEFL exam score (79-80 on Internet-based exam, 550 on paper exam), 3.25 college GPA (90 overall high school average may be substituted), 1200 (critical reading and math) combined SAT, and/or are a member of Phi Theta Kappa in good standing.
- International Merit Scholarship
- Awards up to $3,000 to international students who meet two of the following four criteria: 195 TOEFL exam score (71 on Internet-based exam, 525 on paper exam), 3.0 college GPA (an 88 overall high school average may be substituted), 1100 (critical reading and math) combined SAT, and/or are a member of Phi Theta Kappa in good standing.
- Applicants must possess a recognized high school/secondary school diploma. Verification must be supplied to the Admission Office.
- Applicants with previous university post-secondary experience must submit an official transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores if applicable.
- Applicants must submit proof of English proficiency. Please send an official score sheet or your examination results from the testing center (Alfred States’s TOEFL code is 2522). For information about the IELTS exam and how to send official scores, please visist www.ielts.org. Photcopies, scans and faxed documents are not considered official.
- Please note: International students entering Alfred State through agents or secial articulation agreements may not be eligible for these scholarships.
- Submit evidence of financial support, including:
- the international students financial statement/form FSA-4
- an official bank statement (copies are not acceptable) on bank letterhead. The bank statement must indicate that the applicant or sponsor had sufficient funds to pay for the first year of study in the United States.
- Submit the appropriat academic records from all secondary and post-secondary institutions you have attended.
- official transcript
- matriculation certificates
- mark sheets and/or diplomas
- academic records must ne official. A photocopy or a fax of a record without fresh ink signature is not considered official. If the transcript are not in English, have them translated into Engliah and notarized/certified.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS score report from the testing center.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores if available. Submit a $50 USD non-refundable application fee in the form of a money order or cashier’s check. Pay to the order of the Alfred State. Applicants may also wire money utilizing peerTransfer. Your application will not be processed until payment is received.
- Once an international student is accepted, an I-20 form is mailed with the acceptance letter to allow student to apply for a student visa.
- Applicants must complete a 1-2 page personall essay with their application. the personal essay is to be written by the student in English. Example of content include why you are applying to study in the United States, reasons for selecting the field of study chosen, work experience relevant to your field of study, special interests and abilities you have, plans fo further study and/or employment after completion of your first degree, reasons why you want to study at the Alfred, and how you can contribute to the campus.
Print off all forms and mail originals to:
Alfred State, SUNY College of Technology
Huntington Administration Building
10Upper College Drive
Alfred, NY 14802-9951 U.S.A
For more information, visit Alfred State International Scholarship.