2014 Etisalat Prize for Literature – Win £15,000, Samsung Galaxy Note, Book Tour to 3 African Cities & more!
Deadline: August 8, 2014
Etisalat Nigeria is now accepting entries for the 2014 Etisalat Prize for Literature. The Etisalat Prize for Literature is the first ever pan-African prize celebrating first time writers of published fiction books. The Prize aims to serve as a platform for the discovery of new creative talent out of the continent and invariably promote the burgeoning publishing industry in Africa.
By recognizing and celebrating writers and other members of the literary community across Africa, Etisalat plans to bring some much needed awareness and acclaim to the art of Fiction writing while also applauding and rewarding the efforts of those who have ventured into this genre in recent times.
- The winner of the Etisalat Prize for Literature receives £15,000, a Samsung Galaxy Note and a Montblanc Meisterstuck.
- In line with our vision of promoting upcoming writers, Etisalat will sponsor a book tour to three African cities.
- The winning writer will also embark on the Etisalat Fellowship at the University of East Anglia mentored by Professor Giles Foden (author of The Last King of Scotland) which will include significant opportunities to meet other writers, publishers and most importantly work on their second book.
- Shortlisted writers
- Shortlisted writers will win a Samsung Galaxy Note
- also go on a book tour to two major African cities.
- The Etisalat Prize for Literature is unique in that it also aims to promote the publishing industry at large and will therefore purchase 1000 copies of all shortlisted books which will be donated to various schools, book clubs and libraries across the African continent.
- Submissions will only be accepted from publishing houses.
- All books entered must have a registered ISBN number or equivalent.
- Entries for fiction books will be submitted by publishers who have published a minimum of ten (10) authors.
- Each publisher will be allowed to enter a maximum of three (3) books – however books maybe called in by the judges.
- Each entry will be required to be accompanied by Seven (7) copies of the book being entered along with acceptance of publicity terms.
- The Etisalat Prize for Literature is not open to employees of any organisation under Emirates Telecommunications Corporation with branded trade name Etisalat.
Entries fulfilling the criteria listed below will be accepted
- The book was first published between 01 May 2011 and May 31 2014
- The book was first published in English and by an author of African citizenship
- All shortlisted and winning authors will cooperate fully with Etisalat corporate communications, making themselves available for interviews, events and other opportunities where possible
- Entries by non-African based publishers will require a co-publisher partnership with an African based publisher should any entries be shortlisted
- Applications will be accepted via post only.
- Please complete the attached entry form signifying acceptance of our terms and conditions
- The application form should be submitted along with seven (7) copies of the submitted book to the following address:
Etisalat Prize for Literature
Building 2, Oriental Office Building
3, Lekki Road, Victoria Island
Contact Telephone: +234 (0) 818 111 0 222
For more information, click here.