2014 Sirius Programme – Global Hunt for Young Entrepreneurs to Start Businesses in the UK
Deadline: June 30, 2014
Do you have a bright idea? Does relocating to the UK sound like your dream? Apply now to the 2014 Sirius Programme for a chance to turn your business idea to a bright reality! The Sirius Programme offers an amazing opportunity for young entrepreneurs from around the world to set up a new business in the UK.
The Sirius programme provides talented graduate entrepreneurs with an opportunity to win a place at a leading UK accelerator, obtain mentoring, financial support and the possibility of a visa endorsement. Enterprises are 100 percent owned by graduate teams, with no equity taken.
Sirius brings together a vibrant mix of creative and innovative start-ups and multi-nationals working together across the UK, including country wide hubs and hotspots of creativity and innovation. It is designed to create the next generation of successful entrepreneurs and tomorrow’s global businesses.
Each successful applicant receives
- Financial support of £12,000, paid out in regular installments
- Graduate Entrepreneur’s visa – endorsed by UKTI
- Welcome pack on arrival providing all the basic information that is needed to set up home in the UK
- Introduction to a bank to set-up fast track bank account
- Place on an appropriate accelerator programme (including office space, mentoring and other services). In spring 2014, Sirius accelerators were classed within the top 10 in the UK.
- Mentorship and Support
- Networking and support
- Help getting customers
- Applicants must be a Team of either 2 or 3 Members
- All Team Members are available to commit full-time to the Programme if they are accepted
- No more than 1 Team Member is a UK citizen
- All team members hold a Bachelor or higher level degree
- No more than 1 Team Member graduated before 2012
- All Team Members are Co-Founders and/or Founders
- Feasibility: Has the concept been validated convincingly?
- Financial model: Does the financial and commercial model show potential to receive investment? (Can it be profitable and scalable? Is the size of the market big enough?)
- Team combination: Is the team made up of highly talented individuals that can make this plan happen? Do their skills appear well-balanced and complementary?
- Marketing Strategy: Has the team shown a clear and accurate understanding of the target market? Does the go-to-market strategy reflect this understanding?
- UK impact: Is this team likely to have a lasting, positive impact on the UK? Is this business likely to flourish under the Sirius programme.
Applicants can apply online here.
For more information, please click here.