Deadline: June 30, 2014
The Organisation of African Youth and partners are convening a High Level Youth Policy Dialogue on SDGs to be held from 19th-21st August 2014 in Nairobi, Kenya as an African youth event, open to international youth, with an aim of gathering and strengthening political commitment for governments to support prioritizing investment in youth development in the post-2015 era. Under the theme, “Prioritizing an Investment in Youth Development in the Post-2015 era,” the meeting will cultivate on the recommendations made by young people and create political goodwill for African countries to champion the youth agenda at the intergovernmental negotiations (September 2014-September 2015).
- To galvanize governments to make political commitments towards supporting young people’s demands and aspirations for a better future in the post-2015 era.
- To provide an inclusive platform for young people to engage in a dialogue withdecision makers including head of states and ministers to share ideas, experiences and innovative approaches for effectively contributing to the designing of SDGs and their implementation.
- To facilitate effective partnerships with young organizations, the Governments and UN Agencies in designing and implementation the SDGs.
- To engage African countries and organizations including CSOs that will act as youth champions to push for the youth agenda in the SDGs intergovernmental process.
Participants should fulfil the following criteria:
- Being actively involved and nominated by a youth organisation (local, national, regional, international) as volunteers, trainers and/or youth workers. Each organization can nominate upto to 2 applicants- a male and a female;
- Aged between 18-35 years old;
- Being involved in an organisation, project or initiative that aims at the participation of young people in Post 2015 agenda process/decision and policy making.
- Be committed to attend the full duration of the meeting
- Be a key multiplier playing an active role within her/his youth organization, at national or regional level, and plan to continue this work in the near future..
The organizers will do their best to fully cover the travel costs of all the selected African participants and accommodation and meals will be assured by the organizers for the entire duration of the meeting. International participants are responsible of their own travel, accommodation and meals costs for the duration of the meeting. Organizations which are able to cover the participation costs, fully or partially, of their nominees are requested to state so in the application form and they will be given higher consideration in the selection.
How to Apply
Find the Call for Participants HLPD on SDGs and the Application Form. All applicants fulfilling the criteria and interested to participate should send the completed application form to [email protected] by the 30th June 2014. Please complete the Application Form in English.
For more information, visit the event website here.