2015 Ockenden International Prize for Charity Organizations (Worth $150,000)
Deadline: July 31, 2014
The Ockenden International has launched its third annual call for internationally operating organizations registered as charities to submit their own project or a project by a registered partner or affiliate organization for the Ockenden International Prize 2015.
Objectives of the Prizes include highlighting the challenges faced by displaced people, raising awareness of their range of needs, and providing reward and recognition for those giving outstanding support.
The three contenders for the 2015 International Prize will make final presentations to a specialist panel of five judges on Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University, United Kingdom. The winners will be presented the prizes at the ceremony.
- Grand Winner – $100,000
- Runner-ups (2) – $25,000 each
- Applicants must be registered as a charity. Applicants can apply on their own organisation’s behalf or nominate a non-profit partner or affiliated organisation.
- Applicants must be financially sound with high standards of governance.
- Applicants must include a copy of their organisation’s most recent accounts with their application and also, if nominating a partner or affiliate, a copy of that organisation’s most recent accounts.
- All applications should be made via the online Entry Form.
The judges will, in particular, look for:
- initiatives that promote self-reliance among refugees and/or displaced people.
- approaches that have proved to be highly effective in improving the lives of refugees and/or displaced people.
- Work which has been carried out in especially difficult circumstances.
- Organisations with strong governance and financial management.
- The jury’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
For more information and to download application form, please click here.