2015/16 Advanced Academia Fellowship Programme for International Scholars
Deadline: October 1, 2014
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) is now accepting applications for its 2015/2016 In-Residence Advanced Academia Fellowships for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences. CAS Sofia invites outstanding scholars to pursue their individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months.
The selected Fellows participate in the intellectual life and the scholarly community of the Centre (Bulgarian and foreign fellows) while working on projects of their own choice. Fellows receive adequate material and intellectual support and can profit from the Centre’s wide international networks, international seminar- and guest-lecturer programme. CAS Sofia assists Fellows in all practical matters concerning travel, residence and research in Sofia.
CAS Sofia provides in-residence fellowships of two- to five- month duration to post-doctoral non-Bulgarian researchers. Junior as well as Senior scholars are invited to apply.
The selected Fellows are entitled to:
- A monthly stipend of 700 euro (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia.
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases.
- Travel allowance (400 euro)
- Research expenses (100 euro p.m.)
- Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
- Have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and social sciences;
- International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
As an international academic institution CAS conducts most of its work in English which is also the language of the presentations of research results. Therefore, a good command of English is highly desirable.
- High quality of the candidate’s academic portfolio and publications, participation in international research;
- Innovative fundamental research proposal with significant contribution;
- Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches are an advantage.
Candidates may apply for two periods:
- 1 March 2015 – 31 July 2015 (Summer semester)
- 1 October 2015 – 28 February 2016 (Winter semester)
N.B. The final invitation for fellowship depends on the ranking of the application and the preferred period. Availability for both periods is an advantage for the applicant. Please, indicate in the application form whether you prefer one or either period.
For more information, click here.