Deadline: June 3, 2014
Interested journalists worldwide are invited to apply and win the opportunity to attend and cover EcoHealth 2014 (The 5th Biennial Conference of the International Association for Ecology and Health) in Montréal, Canada from 11 – 15 August 2014. The Ecohealth conference is a key forum for researchers, practitioners and educators whose work spans the fields of ecology, human and veterinarian medicine, planning, social sciences, international development and beyond.
The conference provides an opportunity to address issues ranging from environmental impact on human and animal health and transmission of infectious diseases, to conservation and ecosystem management, to rural and urban development and planning. The conference is also an opportunity to engage with and profile voices outside of academia and to explore new collaborations with community groups, businesses, policy makers, the media and others
All costs are covered including;
- Travel costs from your country
- Travel visa
- Journalists specialized in the coverage of health and the environment, irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, place of residence and media (print, radio, TV, web) are welcome to apply.
- Journalists attending will be expected to publish articles and/or programme content on the various issues addressed by the conference.
Judging will be based on overall excellence. Criteria will include:
- Fair, balanced and objective reporting
- Informative and well-researched
- Adherence to high journalistic standards
- Clarity, insight and respect for the audience
- Creative use of the medium’s unique capabilities
- Relevance to the conference themes
Important: The final criterion in the search for a winner will be the proposed dissemination plans for post conference articles and content.
- The jury will select eight professional, fulltime or freelance journalists, specialized in the coverage of health and the environment, with comprehensive experience in traditional and/or digital media.
- Candidates are asked to send their CV, coordinates, identification pages of their passport, three articles or video or audio productions on health and environmental issues in the language of origin, and a one-page essay in English describing why they should be selected and what they will do if they win the competition.
Applications – including the applicant’s CV, coordinates, identification pages of the passport – should be sent electronically to:
EcoHealth Prize Competition/ WFSJ (TITLE OF YOUR MESSAGE)
Email: [email protected]
Tel.: +1 514 508-2777
For more information, please click here.