2014 Green Talents competition (Fully-funded Research trip to Germany)!
Deadline: June 16, 2014
Individuals worldwide are invited to apply for the 2014 Green Talents competition and win the opportunity of spending 14 weeks in a fully funded research trip to Germany. The award, whose patron is Minister Professor Johanna Wanka, honours 25 young researchers from around the world each year. The winners come from various scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable.
Since 2009, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) has held the prestigious “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” to promote the international exchange of ideas regarding green solutions.
- An invitation to Germany in 2014 to participate in the fully funded two-week science forum. While touring Germany, top locations will open their doors to the Green Talents and offer them an exclusive insight into their facilities and projects.
- A chance to present themselves and their work in personal discussions held as part of individual appointments with experts of their choice (during the two-week science forum).
- A second invitation to Germany in 2015 for a fully funded research stay of up to three months. At an inspiring location of their choice, the Green Talents will gain new experiences and advance their professional careers while establishing long-lasting partnerships.
- Exclusive access to the “Green Talents Network” of over 100 high potentials in sustainable development from over 35 countries.
- Holders of German passports and residents are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants are not older than 32 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants who are enrolled in a Master’s programme or have already achieved a Master/PhD degree with significantly above-average grades in any field related to sustainable development are eligible to apply.
- During the application process you will be asked to upload a current letter of recommendation or expert opinion focusing on your career as a scientist and activities up until now (letter must be in English and should not be older than 6 months)
For more information and to apply, click here.