Deadline: June 12 2014
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation invite young Africans who are passionate about academic excellence as well as broader leadership potential to apply for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarships . The scholarships aim to help in building leadership excellence in Africa.
While pursuing their chosen post-graduate degree, each Scholar benefits from access to leadership development programmes, rooted in the principles underpinning the Foundation.
In addition to the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of fellow-Scholars that spans the continent and academic disciplines, they become part of a wide-ranging network of young Africans of excellence who are expected to play leadership roles in their fields and societies in the years following their time ‘in residence’.
- A Mandela Rhodes Scholarship provides full funding for up to a maximum of two years of postgraduate study, to qualified citizens of African countries, at recognised South African tertiary institutions.
- The Scholarship provides funds for tuition, accommodation, meals, a book allowance, and a travel allowance for each Scholar in residence.
- Open to citizens of all African countries.
- For postgraduate study at a recognised South African university or tertiary institution (Honours and Masters degrees only at this stage).
- Open to individuals holding a recognised first degree, and who would be under the age of 30 at the time of taking up the Scholarship.
- Designed for individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the principles of education, reconciliation, leadership and entrepreneurship.
The Scholarships programme will seek candidates who identify with the values expressed in the document ‘Characteristics Sought in a Mandela Rhodes Scholar’, further elucidated by the Trustees as follows;
For more information and to download the application form, please click here.