2014 Human Development Fellowships for Young Professionals in India (Amazing Benefits)!
Deadline: June 15, 2014
The International Centre for Human Development (IC4HD) is now accepting applications for the Human Development Fellowships for young professionals for 2014. The fellowships offered by the Centre support innovative analytical work on major human development issues. The theme of this year’s fellowships is social security in the Global South. IC4HD is a joint initiative of the Government of India and UNDP.
Fellowships are open to young professionals including academics, civil servants and civil society practitioners. The selected fellows will receive INR 50,000 per month, and will be hosted by the Indian Institute of Advanced Studies in Shimla, India, for three months. As the Indian Institute of Advanced Study organizes several national-level seminars every year, the fellowship provides the opportunity to interact with several scholars.
Applications are invited from all eligible candidates (list of selected eligible countries are indicated in the brochure). Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should:
- Be citizen of an eligible country (list available in the brochure)
- Preferably have a Master degree in a relevant discipline
- Be between 25 and 35 years of age (at the time of the closing date of the applications)
- Have 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Not be a UN staff member or an Indian Institute of Advanced Study staff/Fellow
How to Apply
Applicants whose native language is not English are expected to have the ability to write and converse fluently in English. All candidates must complete a formal application in English, including:
- Application form
- Project proposal, not exceeding 1,200 words (which does not involve fieldwork with data collection) that highlights the main contours of the research to be undertaken during the tenure of the Fellowship which is residential. The questions that the research aims to address, in line with the theme of the Fellow-ship, and the reasons behind their selection should be clearly stated.
- Curriculum vitae
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org