M+/Design Trust Fellowship Programme 2014–2015 in Hong Kong (Includes monthly stipend worth $5,150)
Deadline: June 30 2014
Applications are invited for the M+/Design Trust Fellowship Program 2014-15. The programme aims to support an original research project investigating issues relating to design and architecture in the Greater Pearl River Delta region. Apart from expanding the current body of knowledge in these areas, it is hoped that the findings from the fellowship will also inform future acquisitions and other programmes at M+.
The successful applicant will be attached to M+ for three to six months between September 2014 and September 2015, conducting independent research on a full-time basis. The fellow is encouraged to engage in intellectual exchanges with the museum’s curatorial staff and participate in its programmes.
- The M+ / Design Trust Fellow will be provided a monthly lump-sum stipend of $40,000 HKD (equivalent to around $5,150 USD) for three to six months to cover research-related and living costs.
- An overseas fellow may request a one-time travel subsidy of up to $10,000 HKD (equivalent to around $1,290 USD), covering the transportation to and from the place of origin and Hong Kong.
- Applications are welcome from individuals of all nationalities whose areas of research are in design, architecture or a related field. If necessary, Design Trust will endeavour to aid the successful candidate in obtaining a visa. However, the provision of the fellowship will ultimately depend on the result of the visa application.
- Applicants should either hold a post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline or an undergraduate degree with minimum 3 years relevant professional work or academic research experience. Proficiency in spoken and written English is also required.
The following criteria are taken into account when assessing each application;
- Originality in expanding and reinterpreting existing knowledge of design and architecture in the Greater Pearl River Delta region within a regional and global context
- Contribution to expanding the understanding and scope of the museum’s current and future collection
- Proven ability of the candidate in undertaking advanced research
Note: The fellowship will be awarded on a competitive basis by a committee comprising representatives from Design Trust and M+. After the initial screening process, shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview in person or remotely. The successful applicant will be notified by August 30 2014.
Applicants are required to provide;
- Completed application form
- Applicant’s full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honours, awards and publications
- 2 letters of recommendation (academic or professional), submitted directly from the references
- 3-5 pieces of relevant written work, published or unpublished
- Please send all application materials digitally and address enquiries to [email protected] .
- Click here to download the application form
For more information, please click here.