Open Call for the 2015 Commonwealth Professional Fellowships (Spend 3 Months in UK)!
Deadline: August 31, 2014
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) invite applications for the 2015 Commonwealth Professional Fellowships. The scheme supports mid-career professionals from developing Commonwealth countries to spend around three months with a UK host organisation on a programme of professional development.
The CTO’s application process has two stages. First, applicants are invited to submit an application, detailed in the application procedure, to the CTO before deadline. From these the best six candidates will be selected on whose behalf the CTO will submit applications to the CSC.
- Will cover the living expenses as well as return airfare to the UK
- Will bear the cost of selected short training courses. The training courses to be followed will be selected by Fellows from a range of courses sourced by the CTO and then approved by the CSC.
The scheme aims to help improve the skills of the selected candidates as well as to have a developmental impact in their home countries. The CTO aims to achieve this through the following ways:
- The Fellows will undertake carefully crafted work programmes, aimed at helping them master various critical aspects of the use of ICTs for development, under the close supervision of nominated member of staff of the CTO. The programmes are designed in such a way to ensure that they will improve competencies of the Fellows with the outcomes being directly applicable to their home countries.
- The Fellows will have an opportunity to link with the CTO’s network of members, partners and associates, consisting of key policy makers, regulators and other players in the field of ICTs across the CTO, which will broaden their horizons.
- The CTO will continue to engage with the Fellows after their Fellowships through its alumni network, and they will receive continuous support on their chosen fields of work, so that their practice is continually enriched.
- In consultation with the Fellows, the CTO will source specific additional training courses to follow during the Fellowship that will help improve their skills. Examples of training provided in the past include accredited courses in project management and communications.
- A comprehensive in-house training programme, including seminars and group discussions, that covers a range of topics designed for the CTO staff, will also be open for the Fellows.
- During the Fellowship, the Fellows will have greater visibility of the CTO and its various initiatives, from training courses to research projects, and the CTO will actively encourage them to identify any initiatives that have particular application to their work settings and to their home countries, which the CTO will strive to deliver, working in partnership with the Fellows, after their return to home countries.
Applicants should be;
- From a Full Member Country of the CTO (other than the UK).
- Mid-career professionals with at least five years’ relevant work experience in the field to which the selected work programme belongs
- The CTO champions diversity in the workplace, and applicants from people from all backgrounds living in Full Member Countries of the CTO (other than the UK) are welcome to apply.
Interested applicants must submit;
- A CV in this format
- A 500-word statement as to why s/he believes her/himself to be the best candidate for the particular work programme
For more information, click here.