Deadline: June 22, 2014
Young leaders are invited to apply for the World Forum for Democracy in Strasbourg. The Strasbourg World Forum for Democracy is an annual gathering of leaders, opinion-makers, civil society activists, representatives of business, academia, media and professional groups to debate key challenges for democracies worldwide. The 3rd edition of the World Forum for Democracy on the theme, “From participation to influence: can youth revitalise democracy?” will take place in Strasbourg, from 3 – 5 November 2014.
300 young participants will be selected by the European Youth Foundation. The core activities of the Forum will consist of discussions about successful initiatives and actions for youth citizenship and participation, and new governance solutions to youth democratic inclusion. These initiatives and ideas will also be discussed in a series of creative laboratories (labs).
- Travel and visa expenses will be reimbursed for only participants attending the whole event (pre-forum meeting and World Forum).
- Accommodation (arrival on Friday, 31 October, departure on Thursday, 6 November) will be covered.
- Transport between the place of accommodation and the venue of the youth meeting and of the World Forum will be organised.
In order to participate in the Forum, applicants must:
- Be 16 – 30 years old;
- Be resident in one of the 50 signatory States of the European Cultural Convention of the Council of Europe; 75 places will be made available for participants from other regions outside the European continent;
- Be able to communicate and work in English;
- Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives;
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy;
- Be supported by a youth organisation or network or informal group working on democracy; some non-organised individuals will also be accepted;
- Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions of democracy;
- Be ready to dream democracy;
- Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the preparation process beforehand.
- Priority will be given to young people from marginalized backgrounds, minority representatives and youth movement organizations.
The application procedure consists in 2 parts:
- Part 1: the on-line application form; (register to access the form)
- Part 2: 1 minute video posted on YouTube, with the link attached to the on line application form
For more information, click here.