2014 BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge and Culture Awards – Win €400,000!
Deadline: June 30, 2014
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge and Culture Awards seek to recognize and encourage world-class research and artistic creation, prizing contributions of broad impact for their originality and theoretical significance. The awards honor fundamental disciplinary or supradisciplinary advances in a series of basic, natural, social and technological sciences, as listed in the following paragraph. They also recognize creative activity of excellence in the classical music of our time.
Awards will be granted in eight prize categories, spanning three domains.
- First, scientific and technological research in the areas of Basic Sciences, Biomedicine, Ecology and Conservation Biology, Information and Communication Technologies, and Economics, Finance and Management.
- Second, the creation, direction or performance of works of contemporary classical music.
- Third, scientific research and/or projects that represent significant advances in two core concerns of the 21st century: climate change and development cooperation.
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge and Culture Awards will be decided before February 28, 2015 and will be presented at a formal ceremony, to be held in Madrid during the month of June, 2015.
The award will consist of €400,000, a diploma and a commemorative artwork in each category. In the event that an award is shared by more than one person, its monetary amount will be divided equally among all recipients.
- Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply
- In specific categories, entries are also open to agencies and organizations in the public or private sector (not-for-profit in this case), providing their institutional or organizational purpose is to undertake activities relating to climate change or development cooperation.
- Award category for which the candidate is being nominated.
- Name of the institution and nominating officer/body, with the corresponding contact data.
- Letter of nomination signed by the nominating officer/body.
- Candidate particulars including his/her institutional affiliation.
- A description of the salient contributions of the candidate and reasoned arguments for his/her nomination (maximum four pages, single spaced).
- Candidate’s CV.
For more information, click here.