TAHMO 2014 Sensor Design Competition – Nigeria
Deadline: July 1, 2014
The Trans-African HydroMeteorological Observatory (TAHMO) seeks entries for the TAHMO Sensor Design Competition. The objective of the TAHMO Sensor Design Competition is to design innovative sensors that measure a weather or hydrological variable and are both inexpensive and robust. These new sensing methods have to be resilient, low-maintenance and cost effective.
This year the competition will be organized together with the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA), Nigeria. Winners of the competition will be invited to Akure for a multiple day workshop to build, test, and integrate the designs.
- Winning contributions will be awarded with an invitation to the week long workshop at the Federal University of Technology Akure, Nigeria from August 4-8, 2014, with expenses related to transport, accommodation, and catering paid for.
- Also, the invited teams will get to keep the Arduino controller, that can be used to connect their sensor to the internet.
- A maximum of 2 people for each design team will be invited.
- The 2014 Sensor Design Competition is open to participants from the ECOWAS region.
- Besides that, the competition is open to all who are interested, irrespective of profession, age or education.
- A .pdf file of max. 5 pages, describing your sensor design.
- Additional visual material of your design, preferably video and photos.
- A finished concept, supported by a list of the electronic parts needed for the sensor
- Click for more criteria
- Applications are to be submitted to submitted to email@example.com.
For more information, click TAHMO Sensor Design Competition