Paid Internship Opportunity at Transparency International – Berlin, Germany
Deadline: June 16, 2014
Job Start Date: July 1, 2014
Duration: 6 months
Pay Scale: EUR 450 / month
Location: Berlin, Germany
The Transparency International Secretariat is seeking a highly motivated, pro-active interns to support its work in the Africa Department and with the Media and Public Relations Unit in the Communications Department.
Transparency International (TI) is a global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than one hundred chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in business, government and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to defeat it.
- Support cooperation with national chapters on various issues, including internal and external communication, e.g. maintenance of departments’ site on internal website, drafting and editing of texts and assistance with multimedia as well as research on related issues
- Assist the global institutions advocacy work conducting outreach and advocacy to international institutions such as the G20, UN and OECD
- Assist in outreach to mass membership organisations with the aim to reach new audiences with our global advocacy work
- Assist the SAFE (Safeguarding Anti-Corruption Fighters Efforts) work, which advocates for the protection of anti-corruption advocates worldwide
- Provide support for the organisation of external advocacy meetings in Berlin and globally
- Overall support to the department, including various administrative and budget management tasks
- Interns will be awarded with a monthly remuneration of EUR 450, according to the German labour and social security law. Interns must take out their own health insurance before starting the internship.
- Communication, journalism or social science related degree;
- strong writing and communication skills;
- excellent knowledge of English is a requirement, a working knowledge of French or Spanish is a strong asset;
- experience in campaigning, activism or journalism;
- excellent organisational skills including proficiency in Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- interest in the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption.
- To apply for this internship please send a maximum one page cover letter and a maximum two page CV, preferably by email, to ‘email@example.com’
Note: Valid work permit for Germany is required.
For more information, click Internship Opportunities in Transparency International