European Maritime Safety Agency 2014 Traineeships Opportunity – Lisbon, Portugal
Deadline: July 2, 2014
The European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) offers traineeships for a period of at least 3 months and a maximum of 5 months.The programme aims to provide trainees with work experience in the field of maritime safety legislation, response to pollution at sea and cooperation among member states in safety at sea matters.
The traineeship programme is addressed mainly to young university graduates, without excluding those who have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
In-service training enables trainees to acquire practical experience in the following areas:
- Human Resources: Human Resources & Events and Missions Support;
- Visits and Inspections: Training of Seafarers;
- Visits and Inspections: Analysis and Assessment;
- Pollution Response Services: Contract Management and Planning;
- Satellite Based Monitoring Services: LRIT Services.
- Trainees receive a subsistence allowance of €910.
- Recruited trainees may receive a travel allowance subject to budget availability
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union, Iceland and Norway.However a limited number of nationals of non-Member States may also be accepted according to available resources;
- have completed the first cycle of higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date of application;
- have a very good knowledge of English and a satisfactory knowledge of a second Community language.
- In order to apply, applicants must submit the application form (original and copy) and one copy of your University Diploma until deadline.
The complete application should be sent by registered post to:
Vacancy reference n°: EMSA/TRAINEESHIP/2014/02
Praça Europa 4
For more information, click European Maritime Safety Agency 2014 Traineeships Opportunity.