Deadline: July 5, 2014
LDI Africa invites applications from interested individuals for a program manager internship position. LDI Africa is a nonprofit social enterprise that promotes service, empowers leaders, and builds the capacity of African businesses and nonprofit organizations.
The program manager will be in charge of;
- LDI Africa-US Fellowship; a management training program for the next generation of African business leaders.
- Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program; a program that provides hands-on service opportunities for young business and development professionals from around the world at Africa’s leading investment funds, for-profit and non-profit firms.
LDI Africa’s program manger intern is responsible for supporting all the application and partner recruitment efforts for the LDI Africa’s US and Africa Fellowship Programs. The program intern is a strong member of LDI Africa team and reports to the LDI Africa Program Director and CEO.
Program manager responsibilities:
- Recruitment— Support host organizations recruitment efforts, this include researching and reaching out to potential organizations, responding to inquiries and preparing partnership proposals.
- Coordination and Logistics— Support the Program Manger and CEO in planning and virtually coordinating events involving the LDI Africa fellowship program. This includes Fellow and Hosts orientation programs as well as recruitment events.
- Programming — Support EIFP application process, this include reviewing applications, interviewing and vetting candidates, and support the process of placing Fellows to host organizations. Program Intern will work with Program Manager to develop new application sytem for Fellow application, using tools like LinkedIn app, F6s and Wizehive.
- Training — Manage professional development opportunities for Fellows and other members of the team. This includes the Fellows Speaker Series researching and training staff on new tools are can help increase performance and internal/external collaboration.
- Development — Support LDI Africa’s fundraising campaign strategy, this include crowdfunding, grant applications, corporate sponsorships and donor research.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- We want technologically savvy candidates that can work remotely and collaboratively
- Candidates can be located anywhere in the United States but Washington DC based candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
- Nonprofit/Social enterprise experience, and experience in a domestic or international volunteer service program will be an asset
- Must have a personal computer and reliable internet connection
- Must be able to commit at least 20 hours a week
- Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] .
- State when you are interested in interning at LDI Africa and what your availability is during that time.
For more information, click Program Manager Intern Opportunity at LDI Africa