2015 USC Global Fellows Internship Program for US Undergraduates
Deadline: December 5, 2014
University of Southern California is now accepting applications for the 2015 USC Global Fellows Internship program for US undergraduates to live and intern in Asia. The program seeks to promote understanding and develop quality relationships between the United States and Asia. It aims to increase student understanding of international business, politics, and culture.
Students will be selected through an application and interview process. Internships are likely to be available in commercial, political and cultural centers such as Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Taipei, and Tokyo, among others.
Students will have the opportunity to establish relationships and gain invaluable work experience under the supervision of International and/or American organizations abroad. In addition, the selected Global Fellows will serve as ambassadors and representatives of the University of Southern California and the United States.
The program provides approximately $6,000 for each student depending on the internship location and housing situation.
- Candidates must maintain good academic standing, and be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at USC.
- Candidates must have a graduation date between December 2015 and May 2018 and should be able to articulate their interest in Asia.
- Interns must be United States citizens holding valid US passports and be available for a continuous eight-week period during the summer of 2015.
- Applications will not be accepted from candidates studying abroad during the Spring 2015 or Fall 2015 semesters.
- Students are expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, and have some previous work experience.
Applicants are required to submit the following;
- Completed application form
- Current resume
- STARS Report (Available on OASIS)
- Personal Essay: a one-page
- Two (2) recommendations (using the forms provided),
Note: Applications and supporting materials must be completed and returned to the Internship Programs Office before deadline.
For more information, visit USC Global Fellows Internships.