Apply for the 2015 International Summer Academy – Dakar, Senegal
Deadline: August 15, 2014
Doctoral students from all parts of the globe are invited to apply for the 2015 International Summer Academy. The summer academy will explore the historical and contemporary meanings and practices of work in relation to gender and generation in post-slavery societies.
The organizers of the summer academy will cover the following;
- Participation fee,
- Travel cost
- Accomodation cost
- The Summer Academy is open for doctoral students from around the world working in the field of work/labour from historical as well as other social sciences perspectives.
- Candidates from Africa are particularly encouraged to apply.
- In order to apply you must fill in the application form and prepare a brief outline of your current research project (max. 3 pages), two pages essay on how your work relates to the themes of the Summer Academy as well as how it can contribute to it.
- Proposed projects should assume a historical perspective and will be particularly pertinent if they take account of connections beyond the nation state and attempt to reflect upon the possibilities of connecting regional and systematic approaches. This does not exclude carefully contextualized case studies.
- The application should be submitted electronically to email@example.com along with you CV and the names/email addresses of two referees.
Further details? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. or \
For more information, visit 2015 International Summer Academy – Dakar, Senegal.