Deadline: Not specified
King Saud University is offering scholarships to non-Saudi students (males or females) at the University. The University grants a number of scholarships for non-Saudis students in all disciplines except the colleges of health.
- To convey the message of Islam to the world, teach the Arabic language and disseminate the culture of moderation.
- To prepare specialized scholars who are active in their communities in all disciplines.
- To attract scientifically distinguished students to achieve diversity and enrich the scientific research.
- To establish scientific and cultural ties with educational institutions and Islamic organizations in the world and enhance such ties to provide service to humanity.
- To strengthen solidarity between the Kingdom and other countries worldwide.
- To introduce students to scientific, economic, political, social and health development the Kingdom has been witnessing.
Scholarships are divided into two parts;
- Internal grants for students reguarlarly residing in the kingdom
- External grants for students from outside the kingdom
- The scholarship may be partial, totally free or paid, according to the rules identified by the Board of the educational institution and are consistent with the regulations.
The Unified Law also stipulates the following for non-Saudi students;
- The applicant’s should not be less than 17 years old and not more than 25 years for undergraduate study and The Arabic Language Institute of or equivalent, and not more than 30 years for the master’s degree and not more than 35 years for the Ph.D. degree; the council of the educational institution is entitled to exempting students from such conditions.
- To obtain an approval of the government of the student’s country to study in the Kingdom; this applies to countries which require the same approval from Saudi students.
- The student should not have received a scholarship from one of the educational institutions in the Kingdom.
- To attest all certificates and documents by the competent authorities as determined by the educational institution.
- To bring a no criminal record certificate from his country’s security apparatus.
- The student should not have been dismissed by any educational institution in the Kingdom.
- The female student should be accompanied by a mahram (a male legal guard) according to the Regulations; this mahram should have a scholarship, have a regular residence permit (Iqama) or be employed by a Saudi employer in need of his services.
- To pass the medical examination determined by rules and regulations.
- The institution is entitled to asking the student to submit recommendations by bodies, institutions, or persons as determined by the institution.
- The student can apply annually during the first five weeks of the first semester of the academic year preceding the year of application, as admission procedures almost take 3-4 months, in addition to one or two months to complete the procedures of the Ministry of Higher Education.
- The Deanship is keen on announcing admission results well prior to the start of the academic year so as to complete the procedures required for entering students into the Kingdom.
For more information, click King Saud University 2014 Scholarship for International Students.