Call for Facilitator of a Study Visit to the Hague, Netherlands (Paid Position)
Deadline: June 30, 2014
The Institute for Democracy Societas Civilis-Skopje (IDSCS) and the Center for Economic Analysis (CEA) from Skopje are issuing a Call for Facilitator of a Performance Budgeting Study Visit to the Hague, Netherlands. The call is issued as part of the project “Enhancing Transparency and Accountability through Performance Budgeting” aimed to promote budget transparency and strengthening the capacity of budget users to implement performance budgeting in Macedonian governmental institutions.
The key objective of the study visit is learning from the Netherlands’ experience in performance budgeting. Through the study visit the participants should learn the advantages and disadvantages of performance budgeting as implemented in the Netherlands. The study visit will take place in the first half of September 2014.
The successful candidate will have to;
- Assist the project coordinators in developing the agenda of the study visit;
- Contact and set up meetings for the study visit in the following Dutch institutions: the Ministry of Finance of the Netherlands and its budget unit, Central Planning Bureau, the Parliamentary Budget Committee, State Audit Office of the Netherlands, NGOs, academic experts, and other institutions which s/he identifies as important to be included in the study visit;
- Accompany the study group during the two-day study visit;
- Prepare a study group report with information which has been shared during the meetings. The length of the report should be 5 pages (approximately).
- The facilitator will be paid based on a short-term consultancy contract.
- For more details about salary and contract please send and e-mail to: [email protected]
Eligibility and Criteria
Interested candidates must fulfill the following requirements;
- Fluency in English and Dutch;
- Reside in The Hague
- Degree or education in the area of finance, economics, business or similar;
- Familiarity with the Dutch budget process and relevant institutions;
- Work experience in performance budgeting as an asset.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a letter of interest demonstrating their skills and abilities to successfully facilitate the organization of the study visit. Both documents should be in English and sent to: [email protected]
For more information, visit Call for Facilitator of a Study Visit to the Netherlands.