Peace Revolution European Fellowship 2014 in Belgium
Deadline: August 23, 2014
Applications for the Peace Revolution European Fellowship 2014 in Belgium are open now! Peace Rebels who are active and committed to the cause of peace are invited to join the Fellowship entitled, “Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace”.
The fellowship will bring together 30 young people from all over Europe who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to create real world change. The week-long retreat aims to promote a culture of peace, peace education, conflict prevention and youth empowerment through the primary means of meditation and self-development.
The Peace Revolution European Fellowship will take place between the 21st-27th September 2014 in Lede, Belgium, and will be the fifth fellowship after four previous successes in Belgium since 2011. You may follow the latest updates about the European fellowship from Peace Revolution Europe.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace-building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- To explore meditation as a practice which can develop tools to deal with challenges within peace-building and youth work.
- To explore the idea that self-development is a core foundation of world change and helping others.
- To understand that cultivating inner qualities can be the foundation of creating compassion in society which leads to more benevolence and understanding within conflict situations.
- To learn practical methods of stress management and ways to increase emotional intelligence.
- To practice mindfulness during yoga and other group activities.
- To build on participants’ progress after having participated in the online self-development program.
- To empower youth workers and to offer the space for them to create ideas to implement activities and events in their own communities.
What is covered by Peace Revolution
- Retreat fee
- Promotional material for the use of participants
Peace Revolution covers 50% of travel costs from origin airport to the retreat site in Lede, Belgium and the rest will be covered by the participants.
- Ages 18-30
- Must be from European Member states (EFTA COUNTRIES/ EEA MEMBER STATES, EU MEMBER STATES PRE-ACCESSION COUNTRIES) or hold a Schengen visa.
- Candidates should be fully self-supportive for the transportation to the retreat site.
- Must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates should have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.
For more information, visit Peace Revolution European Fellowship.