Deadline: November 12, 2014
The Child Family Health International (CFHI) invites applications from students with demonstrated commitment to their communities as well as financial need and interest to participate in 2015 Global Health Education Program. The 4-12 week programs are designed to provide community-based clinical or global health experiences for health science students and institutions. They will be exchanging ideas and sharing experiences with people in Bolivia, Ecuador, Mexico, Argentina, India, South Africa and Uganda
Child Family Health International (CFHI) offers partial scholarships for use towards CFHI program fees. The scholarship recipients will be awarded US$500 to $1,000 towards participation in the Global Health Education Program. Some scholarships are set aside as thus:
- CFHI’s Sight for All- Ophthalmology Rotation in New Delhi, India – One Scholarship
- CFHI’s Dentistry & Oral Health in Quito, Ecuador – One Scholarship
- AMSA Member – One Scholarship
- CFHI programs are open to participants 20 years of age or older at the time of participation.
- Applicants can come from diverse backgrounds around the world.
- Applicants must be students who demonstrate a commitment to their communities
- Applicants must have an interest in exchanging ideas and sharing experiences with people in Bolivia, Ecuador, Mexico, Argentina, India, South Africa and Uganda.
- Applicants must be in financial need to participate in the program
- Applicants must submit an application to a CFHI program online.
- CFHI programs are open to all with an interest in global health.
- Coursework related to health or medicine and experience volunteering in a clinical setting is recommended.
- Scholarship applicants wishing to attend any CFHI program in Latin America (Mexico, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Argentina) must meet the language eligibility requirements listed for that program.
Priority will be given to people of ethnicities under-represented in CFHI programs, as well as those who have had limited opportunity to travel abroad.
Scholarship Recipient Requirements:
- Recipients of CFHI scholarships will be required to pay their own airfare, the balance of their CFHI program fees, and any personal expenses as outlined on the program description pages.
- Recipients must keep a clinical and cultural immersion journal to be used as part of their scholarship report submitted at the end of their program.
- They must take photographs while abroad that may be used on the CFHI website and in CFHI publications and materials.
- Recipients may also be required to write an article about their experience for CFHI newsletters or other publications.
- They must also be willing to report their perspective on diversity in the host country with particular focus in medical and social contexts.
- CFHI will ask recipients to act as Campus Representatives or Alumni Ambassadors for prospective CFHI participants, and may be asked to attend study abroad fairs in their local area.
For more information, visit Child Family Health International Scholarship.