Deadline: October 1, 2014
The International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS) invite applications from outstanding researchers around the globe who want to apply as ‘Affiliated Fellow’ to work on an important piece of Asian Studies research in the social sciences and humanities.
Focus would be particularly give on the three IIAS clusters ‘Asian cities‘, ‘Asian heritages‘ and ‘Global Asia‘. However some positions will be reserved for outstanding projects in any area outside of those listed.
The recipient will be offered
- a monthly grant of €1,100,
- one-time grant of maximum €1,000 towards the costs of international travel.
If IIAS decides to sponsor your research by awarding a grant, you will receive:
- A monthly grant of €2000 to cover the costs of housing, visa and health insurance;
- Office facilities and access to the Leiden University Libraries;
- A one-time grant of (max) €1000 towards the costs of (international) travel.
- Open to outstanding researchers from all over the World
- Applicants can be PhD candidate at the time of application provided that s/he graduate within 6 months after the application deadline.
Interested applicants are invited to email or post their applications, consisting of:
- Application form (Word).
- Curriculum Vitae
- A minimum of two letters of reference.
- Please ensure that a minimum of two letters of reference is sent to us in confidence via email or post, commenting on your academic qualities and the value of your research project by the appropriate deadline.
- List of publications
- Applicants who are sending their application via email would receive a reply acknowledgement receipt.
- Applicants should send applications once.
- Emails larger than 10MB are rejected. Applicants are advised to keep their email and attachments below 10MB by zipping any large files.
For more information, visit International Institute for Asian Studies Fellowship